Achieving part specifications is dependent on strict process controls. At Baker Casting Division, we continuously verify critical steps to ensure processes are working as expected. As a result, we achieve excellent part consistency in a very complex production process. Call today to learn how we can help with your next project, 1-608-882-5100.
METALLURGY LAB & TESTING
- Full sand testing capabilities, including moisture and compatibility, are monitored continuously to provide quality sand to the core making and molding operations.
- Stringent metallurgical standards are monitored at every step of the casting process
- Spectrograph chemical analysis
- Tensile testing
- Casting hardness testing – Brinell Scale
- Ultrasonic flaw detection
- Metallograph with video monitor and photographic capabilities
- X-ray or laser scan (provided upon request)
INSPECTION & LAB EQUIPMENT
- Mitutoyo-Crysta-Apex 5 CMM
- Rockwell 4M hardness tester
- SpectroMax – metal analyzer
- Toolmakers layout table
- Satec Tensile machine
- Olympus PME2 – metallographs with CRT & printer
- HAAS automated lathe
- Complete sand test lab
- Hartley automatic sand system
- UJ Reflectoscope, ultrasonic tester
- Datacast 3000 eutectometer
- Detroit testing DHL3 Brinell tester
- Heraeus DT250 emersible thermocouple
- Buehler polishing system
- Roamer arm
Rigid quality control has always been important in the foundry industry. The increasing demand for quality castings and on time delivery is essential.
- Baker Casting Division has been ISO 9001:2015 certified since 2012.
- Experienced full-time staff performs ongoing tests and analysis to customer specifications.
- Quality control is involved at every step in the production process.
- Each casting is dated to identify it with the pour date for certification and traceability. The dating allows us to retrieve all the records at any time they are needed.
- Part-specific casting certifications provided upon request.